Palace Tours 2012
The Royal Palace in Oslo is now open to the public for the summer. In addition to a tour of the Palace's most beautiful state rooms, a collection of Royal family photographs and miniature portraits is now on display in the Small Hall.
The 2012 season lasts from Saturday 23 June - Wednesday 15 August, but please note that the Palace will be closed to the public 4 July.
All visitors must follow a guided tour.
Guided tours in English
Guided tours in English are given:
- Monday-Thursday and Saturday: 12.00, 14.00 and 14.20
- Friday and Sunday: 14.00, 14.20 and 16.00
Guided tours in Norwegian are given every day at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday and Saturday: 11.00-17.00
- Friday, Sunday 13.00-17.00
- The Palace will be closed to the public 4 July
The tours last about one hour and begin every 20 minutes.
Tickets may be purchased at Narvesen, any Norwegian post office, 7-Eleven, through billettservice.no (ticketmaster), or by calling +47 81 53 31 33. Any remaining tickets are sold at the entrance before each tour.
For booking a guided tour for a private group, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +47 815 33 321
(including ordering fees)
- Adults: NOK 95
- Children, seniors and students: NOK 85
- Children under 3: free admission
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets reserved in advanced for private groups of 30 persons: NOK 85 per person.
Rooms on the tour
The guided tour takes visitors through some of the most beautiful state rooms in the Royal Palace:
- Cabinet Cloakroom
- Cabinet Parlour
- Council Chamber
- White Parlour
- King Haakon VII Suite
- Upper Vestibule
- Bird Room
- Mirror Hall
- Family Dining Room
- Small Ceremonial Hall
- Great Hall
- Banqueting Hall
- The Palace Chapel
Please note that photography is not permitted inside the Royal Palace or in the courtyard.