Palace Tours 2012
The Royal Palace in Oslo is now open to the public for the summer. In addition to a tour of the Palace's most beautiful state rooms, a collection of Royal family photographs and miniature portraits is now on display in the Small Hall.
The 2012 season lasts from Saturday 23 June - Wednesday 15 August, but please note that the Palace will be closed to the public 4 July.
All visitors must follow a guided tour.
Guided tours in English
Guided tours in English are given:
- Monday-Thursday and Saturday: 12.00, 14.00 and 14.20
- Friday and Sunday: 14.00, 14.20 and 16.00
Guided tours in Norwegian are given every day at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday and Saturday: 11.00-17.00
- Friday, Sunday 13.00-17.00
- The Palace will be closed to the public 4 July
The tours last about one hour and begin every 20 minutes.
Tickets may be purchased at Narvesen, any Norwegian post office, 7-Eleven, through billettservice.no (ticketmaster), or by calling +47 81 53 31 33. Any remaining tickets are sold at the entrance before each tour.
For booking a guided tour for a private group, please write to email@example.com or call +47 815 33 321
(including ordering fees)
- Adults: NOK 95
- Children, seniors and students: NOK 85
- Children under 3: free admission
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets reserved in advanced for private groups of 30 persons: NOK 85 per person.
Rooms on the tour
The guided tour takes visitors through some of the most beautiful state rooms in the Royal Palace:
- Cabinet Cloakroom
- Cabinet Parlour
- Council Chamber
- White Parlour
- King Haakon VII Suite
- Upper Vestibule
- Bird Room
- Mirror Hall
- Family Dining Room
- Small Ceremonial Hall
- Great Hall
- Banqueting Hall
- The Palace Chapel
Please note that photography is not permitted inside the Royal Palace or in the courtyard.
Congratulations are presented from His Majesty King Harald to the President of South Africa, His Exellency Mr Cyril Ramaphosa.
Congratulations are presented from His Majesty King Harald to the President of Ukraine, His Exellency Mr Volodymyr Zelensky.