Her Majesty The Queen in Egypt
The official programme:
- The Queen arrived at the Citadel and visited the Mohammad Ali Mosque, where she was received by Egyptian archaeologist Abdallah Attar and Mrs Iman Abdou
- The Queen visited the Coptic Museum, where she was received by Museum Director Philip Faltas
- The Queen visited El-Muallaqa, known as the Hanging Church
- Reception at the ambassadors residence; the Queen met Norwegian students and Egyptian alumni who have studied in Norway
- The Queen visited the Supreme Council of Culture (SCC) and was received by Minister of Culture Farouk Hosni and SCC Secretary General Gaber Asfour
- Opening of the Ibsen seminar: Ibsen between the Orient and the Occident
- The Queen attended the performance of Peer Gynt staged at the base of the Sphinx in Giza
- The Queen visited the Pyramid of Cheops and was received by Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities Dr. Zahi Hawass for a guided tour of the pyramid plateau
- The Queen visited the Egyptian Museum and was given a guided tour by Museum Director Wafaa Tahaa.
- The Queen visited the Library of Alexandria and was received by Library Director Dr. Ismail Serageldin
- Opening of the sculpture exhibition Ibsens Women by Head of the National Library of Norway Vigdis Moe Skarstein
- The Queen unveiled the bust of Henrik Ibsen
The official visit was concluded on Sunday, 29 October 2006.
Congratulations are presented from His Majesty King Harald to the President of South Africa, His Exellency Mr Cyril Ramaphosa.
Congratulations are presented from His Majesty King Harald to the President of Ukraine, His Exellency Mr Volodymyr Zelensky.