The Queens Impressions of Norway
Yesterday evening Her Majesty Queen Sonja gave an illustrated talk entitled Impressions of Norway for His Majesty The King and 200 representatives of the Norwegian and international tourism industry.
Dronnet Sonja lea ollu jagiid mátkkotan ruossut rássut Norggas, sihke vácci ja čuoigga, buot áiggiid jagis. Son lea maid vial govvet. Ja eske eahkes juogadii ge son ieas vásáhusaid.
Mátki vulggii Lillehammeris ja Oslos, Finse ja Hardanger bokte gitta Lofuhttii. Dronnet čájehii logi riikka ealáhusovddasteddjiide Norgga eatnamiid ja luonddu buot jagi njealji áiggiin, sihke fiertun ja veahá heajos dálkin.
The talk was centred around photographs taken by the Queen herself and her observations on Norways natural surroundings.
Over the course of many years, Queen Sonja has explored the reaches of Norway, by foot and on skis, during all seasons of the year. She is also a keen amateur photographer. Yesterday evening she shared some of what she has seen.
The Queen took the audience of tourism representatives from ten countries on a journey from Lillehammer and Oslo in Eastern Norway , to Finse and Hardanger in Western Norway, and finally to Lofoten in Northern Norway, illustrated with photographs taken in all four seasons and in clement as well as more inclement weather. The event was organised by Innovation Norway, and was held at the Nobel Peace Center. The 2012 Reiselivspris, a Norwegian tourism award, was also presented during the evening.
2012 award for best tourism company
Each year Innovation Norway selects the years best tourism company in Norway. The prize is awarded to a company that has introduced a new, innovative tourism experience or further developed an existing one that further enhances Norways position as a tourist destination.
This years nominees were:
- Høyt og lavt aktivitetspark AS (High and low activity park), which offers treetop and ground-based adventure courses with varying levels of difficulty. All activities are organised in a sustainable manner and do not damage or have a negative impact on the environment.
- XXLofoten AS, which organises small and large-scale events, conventions and conferences, and offers experiences involving nearly every possible type of outdoor activity in Lofoten.
- Skistar Norge AS, which offers ski holiday experiences and has helped to make Trysil and Hemsedal popular international alpine skiing destinations.
Following a video presentation of the three nominees, a representative of Innovation Norway announced the winner and Queen Sonja offered her congratulations to XXLofoten AS, the winner in 2012.
Lei Innovasjon Norge mii lei lágideaddjin, ja dilálavuohta lei Nobel Ráfiguovddáis, gos maiddái dán jagi Mátkeealáhusbálkkaupmi addojuvvui.
Innovasjon Norge vállje juohke jagi ovtta mátkeealáhusfitnodaga dán jagi fitnodahkan. Mátkeealáhusbálkkaupmi addojuvvo fitnodahkii mii lea fuobmán ja álggahan ođđa mátkeealáhusvásáhusa dahje ovdánahttán vásáhusaid maid fitnodat juo ovdalaččas lea fállan. Vásáhus galgá buori lági mielde váikkuhit ja geasuhit olbmuid boahtit vásihit Norgga. Dan jagi bálkkaupmái ledje evttohuvvon:
- Høyt og lavt aktivitetspark AS gos gávdnojit apparáhtat muorain ja lahtut main leat ieguđetlágan váttisvuođa dásit. Buot diet doaimmat leat huksejuvvon nana vuogi mielde, dan láhkái ahte eai billis dahje vuorjja birrasa.
- XXLofoten AS mii lágida smávit ja stuorát doaluid, kongreassaid ja konferánssaid, vásáhusaid ja dadjat juo juohkelágan olgodoaimmaid Lofuohtas.
- Skistar Norge AS mii čuoiganvásáhusaiguin lea oon Trysila ja Hemsedála addat nanu internaunála alpinčierastallanbáikin.
Go buot golbma fitnodaga ledje video bokte presenterejuvvon, de almmuhii Innovasjon Norge vuoiti, ja Dronnet Sonja beasai sávvat XXLofotenii lihku Dán jagi mátkeealáhusfitnodahkan.
Princess Ingrid Alexandra: “Together we make up the Norway we love so much”
Roughly 200 guests were gathered at the Royal Palace on Friday evening to celebrate the 18th birthday of Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra. In her remarks, the Princess spoke about how fortunate she was to grow up in Norway and pointed out that everyone has a place and task in Norwegian society.
Group photographs before dinner
Family and Royals from all over Europe are gathered at the Royal Palace to celebrate the 18th birthday of Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra. Before dinner, new photographs were taken.