State visit from Austria
Their Majesties The King and Queen welcomed His Excellency the Federal President of The Republic of Austria Dr. Heinz Fischer and Mrs. Margit Fischer on the Palace square today.
President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer are the guests of Their Majesties The King and Queen during their state visit to Norway 17. - 19. April.
17 April (Oslo):
- Welcoming Ceremony in front of the Royal Palace (12:00)
- Luncheon at the Royal Palace
- Wreath laying ceremony at the National monument
- President Fischer meets with the President of the Storting (Parliament), Mr. Thorbjørn Jagland and Prime Minster Mr. Jens Stoltenberg
- Mrs. Fischer and HM The Queen visit the Kunstindustrimuseet (The Museum of Decorative Arts and Design)
- Gala Dinner at the Royal Palace
18 April (Oslo):
- Business breakfast to be followed by a business seminar attended by HE President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer
- HE President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer, HM The King and HM The Queen visit the National Gallery
- HE President Fischer and Mrs. Fischer, HM The King and HM The Queen visit Stortinget Underground Station
- Luncheon hosted by the Government
- HE President Fischer gives a lecture at the Nobel Institute: ’The Dialogue of Cultures and the Idea of Peace’’
- HE President Fischer, Mrs Fischer, HM The King and HM The Queen attend the opening of an exhibition by the Austrian painter Egon Schiele at the Munch Museum
- Return arrangement at the Grand Hotel
19 April (Bergen):
- HE The President and HM The King visit the Oseberg Gas Platform
- Mrs .Fischer and HM The Queen visit Hydro’s Research Centre, Sandsli
- Luncheon hosted by the Mayor of Bergen
- Mrs Fischer and HM The Queen visit the Lerøy fish farming site at Valestrandfossen, Osterøy
- HE The President, HM The King, Mrs. Fischer and HM The Queen attend concert at composer Edvard Grieg’s home ’Troldhaugen’’
Congratulations from His Majesty King Harald to the new President of the Republic of the Philippines, His Excellency Mr. Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos Jr.
Laid flowers at London Pub
The Crown Prince, the Crown Princess and Prince Sverre Magnus were among the many people who contributed to a sea of colourful flowers and rainbow flags outside the London Pub in Oslo on Saturday.